2 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.”
I want to go in front of the church and offer 90 days of Prayer– Where we create small groups no larger than three people. FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of supporting each other goals of becoming men and women of God in a one-on-one group accountability group, if one person fails, both suffer, and in a small group, the more people attend, the less safe people feel to share. We need something that combines a small group and accountability model, something in between those two ideas.
- Each person takes a turn “leading” Leading just means you arrange a time to meet, and you keep the discussion on track.
- A meeting can be between 60 – 90 min and last for 90 days. At the end of the 90 days, the group should meet to see if they will keep meeting. If, for some reason, the group isn’t working out well, the 90-day limit gives a natural time to leave.
- A triad meets weekly or every other week, but no less than that. It becomes ineffective if it is only once a month.
- If a triad disbands, it could dissolve strategically with the idea that each person in the trio find two more people in the church
've been thinking and praying all through Covid about the best way to do this at Manor. I've also been trying to think of a way to Covid proof it (because I have no idea how long this season will last and am not willing to put the church "on hold" until it is over). I don’t think the missing piece at Manor is Biblical instruction. What I think is missing is a place where open up. In other words, there needs to be a place where someone can open up the bible, and Go, “ This is what the Bible says, and this is how I am doing with following through with it”
For example, I would love to have a group of people read through the Bible and come across something that says, "husbands, in the same way, be considerate as you live with your wives, as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life so that nothing will hinder your prayers. instead of having a group that says, "What do you think it means?" Have a group that shares about where their hearts are concerning what God has been speaking. They would share, "You know I've been really struggling to understand why God isn't answering prayers, it never occurred to me that the reason he might not be answering is that I'm not treating my wife with respect" I'm looking for a space at Manor where we can open up to that level so that we can be real, encourage each other, and hold each other accountable.
How would they Work?
Between meetings, Each person commits to reading their bible 5 days a week for 20 min and then journal what they read
When happens when you meet?
Share the Most A meaningful devotional time that week (15 min)
- 1 Share Your best sense of God is saying to you (Each member share the most meaningful entry from the previous week of Bible reading) or
- “What’s your best guess as to what God is speaking to you?”
Share what You’re doing in response to it (15 Min)
After everyone has shared what God is communicating. Everyone takes a turn sharing their action step in response to the most meaningful Bible Passage
- If you Haven’t Done anything, “ What do you stopping you?”
What are you going to do about it this week?”
If you did, Do something, “What Happened?”
Ask for Support (30 Min)
Once everyone is done that, everyone takes turns answering.
- “What kind of payer support/accountability do Do you need? How would you like us to pray for you specifically?
- “Would you be willing to e-mail, text, or call me partway during the week?” (Set a time and an e-mail
Closing out the Meeting. ( 30 Min)
Each member is to choose one of the following random questions to ask another member. Try Different Questions each week
- What have you enjoyed about yourself this week?
- Have you received a specific answer to prayer this week?
- Have you taken a day to rest the past seven days?
- IF the member didn’t read their bible last week, “What did you make more important this week than keeping the commitment you made to God, yourself, and us?”
- Have you practiced integrity in your financial dealing this week
- Have you remained sexually pure in what you watch, read, Think, fantasize?
- Have you found yourself coveting something that does not belong to you? Why?
- Is there a specific sin in your life the Holy Spirit wants you to confess?
- Did you pray for any Non-Christian friends? What exactly did you pray?
- Have you raised your voice this week? Slammed the Door? Why?
- What stresses, worries or conflicts are you facing?
- How did you share Jesus this week? In Word or deed?
- Is there anyone in your life who has recently hurt you to whom you are holding a grudge?
- Was there any behavior in your life this past week, that if exposed, would hurt yourself, your spouse, your family, or discredit the name of Jesus?
- Are you (honestly) praying about discretionary purchase or spending? What have you heard God say?
- Have you talked negatively about someone’s back?
- Did you exaggerate this week to make a point or make yourself look better than you are?
- How well did you take care of your body this week? In regards to your diet, exercise,? Explain